2008-11-27

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and thank you for helping make this year so wonderful for my family and I. This little blog has grown into much more than I ever thought it would and I have you, the readers, and other bloggers to thank. Thanks.

This year has been a great year in many regards and there are many other things I am thankful for.

Family. The most important thing in life is family, and I have been lucky to spend a lot of time with my family this year (I live over a thousand miles away from my brothers and parents).

I went to see my sister graduate high school earlier this year, and we had a memorable afternoon when we all went skydiving to celebrate. It was a blast! I also had the opportunity to take my wife on a hot air balloon ride this summer, which was a wonderful experience. My wife and I also took several visits to her parents and other relatives this year, and recently returned from a vacation.

Friends. Just like family, the friends you have make life much more enjoyable. I have met many wonderful people this past year - both in real life and through my website. Thanks to all of you for being who you are.

Career. I resigned from my old job this year. It was bringing me down and was not an enjoyable place to work. The new job I accepted not only resulted in a higher salary, but is a much better environment and I am much happier there than my previous job.

In the end, it all about the memories you make, and in this regard, my wife and I have been blessed. My parents and sister are here for Thanksgiving, so I’m off to visit. I wish you all the best.

No comments: